RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE KL TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2018
1. The KL TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2018 ("the Event") is organised by MENARA KUALA LUMPUR ("the Organiser").
2. By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the Event sponsors ("the Sponsors"), the individual ("the Participant") is deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organiser and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organiser and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties;
2.1 For development or implementation of programmes, products or services as it may deem necessary;
2.2 For outsourcing of any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) and/or any activities;
2.3 For promotional, marketing and/or administrative purposes;
2.4 For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority;
2.5 In connection with any proposed notation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, license, partnership, joint-organising and/or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
3 By signing up for the Event, the Participant agrees that the Organiser might post the full race results on the website after the race.
4 The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Rules and Regulations of the Event from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organiser shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, the Organiser will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any updates on the Rules and Regulations of the Event will be notified on the official Event's REGISTRATION PORTAL, and it is the responsibility of the affected Participant to keep abreast with any changes.
5 Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the Participant's agreement to abide by all the relevant Rules and Regulations of the Organiser.
6 Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment made and upon issuance of a race identification number.
7 In consideration of the Participants use of the Event's registration portal, the Participants agree to;
1. Provide true, accurate, current and complete information contained in any registration form (such information being the "Registration data")
2. Maintain the security of their password and identification; and
3. Maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, or the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate their registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event's website (or any parts thereof) without any refund of registration fee.
8 The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refunds of fees or donations paid unless the Organiser deems fit to give a refund and the Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
9 There will strictly be no refunds available if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
10 The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
11 While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participants' safety, Participants run solely at their own risk and the Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for, during, or after participation in the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Event Day.
12 Participants must wear the assigned bib number visibly on his/her chest at all times. Participants who do not display bib numbers will be taken off the course by security officers/officials and immediately disqualified.
13 If the Participant's original bib number is lost or cannot be found during Race Entry Pack Collection, the Organiser reserves the right to replace it with a spare bib number. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or substitute any Participant's running bib at any time without prior notice to the Participant.
14 Once registration has been duly processed, there will be strictly no refunds of fees and donations for Participants who do not eventually participate in the Event for whatever reason.
15 The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
16 The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the event sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
17 The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
19. Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
20 Participant who commences to run before the actual flag-off of his/her registered race category will be immediately disqualified. (Please refer to individual race category start times).
21. Participants must be 18 years old or older as of Event Day to participate in the Men & Women Open Category.
22. Participants must be 40 years old and above as of Event Day to participate in the Men Veteran Category.
23. Participants must be 40 years old and above as of Event Day to participate in the Women Veteran Category.
24. Participants must be 13 years old and below 17 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Boys and Girls Category.
25. Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian's consent and complete the relevant indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant under the age of 18.
26. A Participant in the Malaysian Category must hold a Malaysian Passport and/or IC to be eligible to participate in this Category. The Malaysian Category is an Open Category (18 years old and above) where the fastest Malaysian will be awarded.
27. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage provided for the runners. The Organiser also reserves the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
28. All Participants must collect their Race Entry Pack which contains their bib number, timing chip (attached to the back of your bib number), running t-shirt, and other sponsored items during Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC) during the pre-determined period and location as stipulated on the Event's website.
29. All Race Entry Packs not collected during REPC will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
30. General rules for KL TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE:
1. Each Participant is allowed to win only one prize-money award.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
3. Prize winners must report to the prize giving zone as stipulated In the published results. In case a runner fails to do so, the Organiser may donate the cash prize money to charity.
4. All prize-winning Participants must present their original identification document (such as Passport or Identity Card) to collect their prize money.
5. For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier, failing which the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
6. The timing chip is a single-use, disposable device attached to the back of the bib. Participants must wear the assigned bib number visibly on his/her chest. Participants must make sure that the bib is not covered with a jacket or his/her arms when running over the timing mats,
7. All Participants who successfully complete the competitive categories within their respective cut-off time will be awarded a finisher medal upon presentation of their bib number to the respective staff.
8. All finisher medals must be collected on Event Day and no requests will be entertained thereafter.
9. All Participants who successfully complete the race will be awarded an e-certificate. The e-certificate will be made available on the website.