Date: 17th September 2017
Venue: Bandar Rimbayu Show Gallery
Reporting time: 6.00am
Flag off time: 6.30am (10KM) | 7.00am (5KM)
Categories: 10KM (RM80 *inclusive RM5 online charges*) | 5KM (RM55 *inclusive RM5 online charges*)
Closing date: 30th August 2017
Organizer: Fusion Media Productions Sdn Bhd (860826-W)
Runner's Entitlement - Round Neck Tee *Note: Design for illustration purpose only, final production may vary.*
Runner's Entitlement - Medal Design *Note: Design for illustration purpose only, final production may vary.*
10KM Route Map
5KM Route Map
Terms & Conditions from Race Organizer: General
1. The Allied Against Dengue Run 2017 (referred to herein as "the Race") is organized by Fusion Media Productions Sdn. Bhd. ("Organizer"); and presented by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Sdn. Bhd. ("Presenter") in collaboration with the 3 businesses collectively forming GSK Malaysia i.e. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceutical Sdn Bhd, Sterling Drug (Malaya) Sdn Berhad, GSK Business Service Centre Sdn Bhd; in alliance with the Alliance Against Dengue Partners - Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society, Guardian Malaysia, UCSI University, Caring Pharmacy, and Apex Pharmacy; in accordance with the Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs") that is applicable to the Participants.
2. The Organizer / Presenter reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these T&Cs of the Race from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, Organizer will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these T&Cs are the responsibility of the involved and/or affected Participants to keep abreast with any changes.
1. By completing the online registration form, each of the Participants agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Race. These R&Rs shall be enforced before and during the Race and applies to all rulings by the Organizer.
2. Successful registration does not constitute to be a confirmation for the Race. Confirmation of participation is only confirmed upon payment of registration fees and upon receiving a receipt of a race identification number.
1. In consideration of the Participant's use of the Race's website, the Participant agrees to:
o Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about them contained in the registration form.
o Maintain and promptly update the registration form to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organizer / Presenter may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizer shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
2. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organizer has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, the Organizer may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Race's website or registration portal without any refund of fees.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without any reason.
4. The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
5. Participant(s) are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations have been confirmed.
6. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for Participant(s) who in the end do not participate in the Race for whatever reasons.
1. All Participant(s) are strictly to abide to the age limitations imposed on each category. The age of a Participant will be taken as of 1st January 2017.
Race Entry Packs
1. All Participants must collect their race entry pack which includes the Race Bib, Event Tee, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location ("REPC location") during the collection period, of which the details will be posted on the official website / Facebook page and the link will be provided.
2. If Participants are unable to collect their race entry pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the official website, Facebook page or the link will be provided.
3. Late collection will not be entertained and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participant(s) inability to collect their race entry packs. The Organizer may extend the collection time at the Organizer's discretion and on a good-will basis only. For avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is not obliged to extend the collection time or to ensure that the Participant(s) receive their race entry packs. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant(s) to collect their race entry packs during the collection period at the REPC location. Race entry packs not collected during the collection period will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organizer shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
1. The Participant(s) is supposed to have given written consent for the Organizer to collect, analyze and collate any personal information relating to that Participant(s), and the Organizer may at its sole discretion utilize the information for programs, planning, data-processing, statistics, risk-analysis, research and/or, any other purposes.
1. The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Race, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and promotion and distribution to sponsors anywhere in the world.
1. Right to cancel and amend routes
o The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Race at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case the Organizer will make its best effort to inform the Participant(s) prior to the date of the Race. If the Race is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid unless the Organizer is believe to be fit to give a refund and the Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
o There will strictly be no fee refund if the Race is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizer or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Race.
o The Organizer reserves the right to amend the race routes as they consider the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Race, at any time without prior notice to the Participant(s). In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant(s) prior to the date of the event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
o The Organizer reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the Participant(s)
2. Closure of roads and Cut-Off Time
o Parts of the race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race up to seven (7) hours from the first flag off at 0630hrs. After which, beyond the seven (7) hour cut off mark, the roads will be re-opened to live traffic. Participant(s) who are still on route and choose to continue running after the cut-off time, shall do so at their own risk.
o The Organizer reserves the right to re-open the race route to live traffic at their sole discretion for operational reasons and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant(s). In such cases, Participant(s) prior to the date of the event, if possible, or, if not possible, on a best-effort basis. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
o For Participant(s) who are unlikely to finish the Race within seven hours, Race officials may request participant(s) to board a safety vehicle and/or abandon completion of the race course. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, Participant(s) must obey as instructed; or else they will be removed from the race course by security officers. Finisher medals, Finisher tees and official finish timings will not be issued to the afore-mentioned Participant(s) as they will be deemed disqualified.
3. Restriction on vehicles along the Race routes
o Pets, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route other than official race and medical vehicles.
4. Participants Bib
o Participant(s) must attach the assigned bib to their attire as instructed by race officials. Participant(s) who do not wear / display bib name / numbers will be taken off the race route by Security Officers at the Organizer's sole discretion.
o Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the Participants' safety, Participant(s) taking part in the Race will be participating at their own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for, during or after participation in the Race. Participant(s) are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Race day.
6. Retirement from Race
o Participant(s) must retire from the Race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or Security Officer.
7. Adherence to flag-off timings
a) Participant(s) who commences to Race before the actual start time of his/her registered race category will be immediately disqualified. (The start time for the Race can be found on the official website).
b) Participant(s) who do not start within 20 minutes from their respective flag off will be disqualified and for safety reason, may not be allowed to start.
8. Winners and Prizes
a) Winners will be disqualified from the Race if he/she does not satisfy the age, nationality and/or gender requirements for the category they have registered in.
b) The Organizers reserve the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
c) All winner(s) must present their original identification document (such as passport or Identity Card) for verification during the collection of their prize money. Representatives will not be entertained.
d) Prize money will be disbursed to the named winner upon confirmation by the Organizer. Results and announcements made by the organizer during the Race shall be judged as final.
e) All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from the Race date will be forfeited and the Organizer will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose them accordingly.
f) Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by the Organizer. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by the Organizer.
g) Prizes stated in cash value for Winner, 1ST-Runner-up and 2ND Runner-up are for only 10KM Race category without prejudice of male or female category. No prizes in cash allocated for 5KM fun run.
9. Disputes over results
a) For the prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals over disputes must be made onsite in person, in a written format and an appeal fee of RM 200 is charged within 30 minutes after the prize presentation.
b) The Organizer reserves the rights to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
c) For all other Participant(s), appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format together with an appeal fee of RM 200 within 3 days of the event date. The Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 3 days of the event date.
10. Finisher's Medal, E-Certificate and Prizes
a) All finisher medals (if eligible according to race providence) are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
b) All participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category can download an e-Certificate of Participation on the official website or link provided.
c) This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the seven (7) hour cut-off mark, are disqualified or do not complete the race. The availability of the e-certificate will only be until one month after the event date.